As we all gear up to meet in Orlando for InfoComm 2013, I wanted to take the next few weeks to introduce (or re-introduce) you to our various podcasts.
It’s back. The AVSocial is back with a couple of really great hosts. Now, George Tucker and Scott Moody did a wonderful job. You can still check out their first seven episodes here. Schedules being what they are, and the fact that this is a labor of love, priorities had to be set. So, we retooled and came up with our first female driven podcast.
On to our hostesses. AVDawn, Dawn Meade, from Net-AV and Kelly Perkins from Vaddio have agreed to head up this social and marketing podcast from AVNation. Notice I said marketing there. Yup. This will not just be about the “social” aspect of AV, but also give you some marketing tips to help push your business or efforts up a level.
If you aren’t familiar with these two AV veterans, let me do a bit of introduction. Dawn Meade, or AVDawn, has been in the industry over ten years. She has been an owner, integrator, marketing and sales pro. She recently received a double masters degree. Hello! She currently works for Net-AV as their marketing and media coordinator. Kelly Perkins is the marketing and communications manager at Vaddio. She has been in the industry for over five years. She has created vast projects and presentations for Vaddio. They are both CTS certified. Dawn is also on the AVNation board of directors.
Check out their first episode. It is on personal branding.
Another show I would like to highlight this week is the LiveLife. This is our live staging and event show hosted by the incomparable George Tucker. This is not only George’s wheel house, it is his passion. The Live Life is also co-hosted by Mike Postupak. This show delves into the backstage and gives you a look into what goes on in the world of staging.
It also gives those in the staging industry a platform to talk about current issues and new, or upcoming technologies. In the past, they have covered training, live streaming, and certifications. IATSE is fast becoming involved in the world of InfoComm, or vice versa, and so the Live Life gives a great overview of the live staging world. George and Mike will be recording an episode of LiveLife during InfoComm next week.
If you are in either world, please check out these great shows. The hosts and producers do a great job. Next week we’ll talk about our flagship show as well as one we are putting on the shelf.
Thanks for taking the time to read. Have a great week.
- Challenging the adversity to diversity within AV
- Jabra PanaCast 50 video bar now available for collaboration in the hybrid world
- Atlona Unveils Wallplate HDMI/USB-C Switcher and HDBaseT Transmitter for AV and Data
- WeWork Deploys Thousands of Konftel Wireless Conferencing Solutions Globally
- Amino Launches High Performance Media Player for Digital Signage Market
- Theory Audio Design Expands Automator Software to Automatically Implement Surround Systems up to 9.4.4
- PTZOptics and HuddleCamHD Expand Video over IP Support
- AVer Honored as Bronze Stevie Award winner in 2021 American Business Awards
- Aurora Multimedia Announces New Southwest U.S. Sales Representation with ETicket AV