My wife and I sat down this weekend for a nice little movie. Just the two of us. She had picked the flick so I expected something by Nicolas Sparks. To my surprise we began watching White House Down. It may have been because of some guy named Channing Tatum, or it may not. Regardless, it was a guy flick and I appreciate the effort.
If you have not yet seen the film, and want to be surprised by a plot twist, don’t read the rest of this blog. The plot twist is integral to this post. The basic story line is a group of bad guys take over the White House while a Capitol Cop, Tatum, and the President, Foxx, take them on. Here’s the twist for us in AV. The bad guys got into the White House by posing as AV installers putting in a home theater system. They even hid their silencer in a wireless mic.
Now, before I begin discecting all that is AV-wrong with the scenario I will continue on to where this took my brain. Where else have we seen AV on the Big Screen? I still remember the first time I saw a wireless touchpanel being used in a movie. It was the Will Smith movie Hitch. One could make arguments that Jim Carrey was a wierdo AV geek in Cable Guy. We can have the argument later as to whether or not the cable installer is an AV pro. There are the IT/AV professionals in the Matrix that help Neo fight the bad guys, and you have the ultimate cable-covered AV geeks in the original Revenge of the Nerds.
So, my question for you is, what is your favorite AV movie moment? Send me and email or comment below.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Have a great week.
- Challenging the adversity to diversity within AV
- Congreso AVIXA to Explore Pro AV for Education April 27-30
- Extron Empowering Point Park University’s Varsity eSports Program
- Audinate’s new Dante AVIO USB-C adapter is now shipping globally
- Atlantic Technology expands SKAA wireless home audio ecosystem
- Mellow Mushroom restaurant gets acoustics right with SoundTube
- PPDS returns to North American hospitality industry with 4K Philips MediaSuite
- Datapath appoints former Mitsubishi man Steven Simpson to manage Middle East market
- AJA Adopts NVIDIA Jetson and CLARA AGX to Provide AI-Driven Developer Solutions