The concept of the #AVselfie is simple. Let’s make the Cedia Expo more fun and interactive for the attendees by sharing your #Cedia14 (Cedia Expo’s official hashtag) experience with industry. Not familiar with the “selfie” idea? It’s simply a picture taken “Of You. By You” using a mobile device. The premise for the #AVSelfie is the same. #Cedia14 attendees and manufactures simply take “selfies” of themselves while at the show and post them to social media sites.
The InfoComm 2014 #AVSelfie Video
Here are some ideas for your #AVselfie:
- Take pictures of you and your co-worker visiting or working in the booths.
- Take an #AVselfie with your favorite new product, Product Rep., Coworkers or Celebrity.
- Manufacturers are encouraged to take an #AVselfie in front of their logo, booth or products.
- Create a #AVselfie photo journal documenting the “Road to #Cedia14”. Show your show preparation, travels and the interesting people you meet along the way.
- Make sure to take plenty of #AVselfie at parties, networking events, hangouts and special events. The best selfies are the ones that people take while hanging out and enjoying themselves outside of the show floor.
- Use Instagram’s video feature to snap 15 sec videos of interesting demos at the show.
Here is what you do:
- Snap pictures from your mobile devices.
- Upload to Twitter, Google Plus or Instagram using the Hashtag #AVselfie. Combine it with Hashtags #AVtweeps and/or #Cedia14 for maximum exposure.
Here are the Perks:
- AVnation finds the pics by using the hashtags above and retweets the pics for others to see. (Follow: @AVnationtv and @chris_neto on Twitter)
- Your pics will help fuel the buzz about the Cedia Expo, the companies, events and the products you see.
- The #AVselfie is intended to personalize the Expo by helping to show the “other” side of our industry and all the great people doing what they love in our industry.
- AVnation will compile the #AVselfie pics and remix our #AVselfie video for the Cedia Expo.
- The Video will premiere on the Show Floor on Saturday September 13th so get those pics posted early. (The remix video will be posted on Youtube after its show floor debut)
Want to show the Video on Saturday at your booth? Let us know by contacting Tim Albright at email@example.com. We can schedule a visit and time to show the video on Saturday. We’ll have a 4k and a 1080p version ready on a USB Drive. All you need is a display with audio. Start Early, have fun and be creative with your #AVselfie pics.