June has arrived and with it the inevitable trek for many of the professional AV community to the InfoComm trade show, this year in Orlando, FL.
Your plane tickets and hotel reservations are booked, your manufacturers and reps are banging down your physical, and digital, doors begging for your time to see their new gear at the show. But the question that everyone is asking – What does AVNation have planned for InfoComm 2015?
Here’s a breakdown of our activities for each day of the show:
- Booth construction!
- Those booths don’t build themselves and you should definitely take the time to drop by booth 6667-*and say hello to your favorite AVNation personalities and the hard working people that make our efforts possible.
- AVCrossTalk LIVE @ InfoComm! 11 am – 11:45 am in the AVNation room W223A.
- Mark Coxon returns to battle Josh Srago, only this time you can cheer on the-*verbally jousting pair in person! The two will square off on the topic of HDBaseT vs. Video over IP with David Danto as our special guest moderator.
- Women in AV (WAVE) podcast-*3-*pm in the AVNation room W223A.
- Jennifer Willard will be hosting the latest Women in AV podcast.
- Stretch out your limbs in preparation for the innumerable #AVSelfie shots you’ll be taking over the next few days.
- For those new to the #AVSelfie, here is the concept.
- TechTalk LIVE – Technology Manager’s dinner and discussion (5:30 pm @-*Maggiano’s Little Italy)
- Your AVNation Media Partner discount code is-*-*AVN15OFF
- TechTalk Dinner and Discussion Event InfoComm15
- Booth construction! (cont.)
- Let the show begin!
- Throughout the show, AVNation team members will be making their way through the halls interviewing manufacturers to-*gain insight on-*the new and the upgraded and break down what you need to know. During and after the show we will be posting these interviews online, so if you miss a booth we just might have the information you’re seeking!
- Also, if you happen to pass by one of our team members in the aisles, say hi and take an #AVSelfie.
- Josh Srago’s “System Engineering for Sales People” (Course IS20-*12:30 pm-2 pm)
- Josh will be teaching a course on asking the right questions to-*clients and how to translate that information to the engineering team for a more seamless system design. (As of this posting-*the course shows as sold out but more requests could result in a bigger room! UPDATE 3:25pm EST: It appears registration has reopened!!)
- Your 1st InfoComm daily @AVHashtags – be sure to follow on twitter and join in the fun!
- We only-*came for the SWAG!
- Want to know the best take home items from the show this year? Keep an eye on Harry Meade’s (@AVGrump on twitter) ongoing search for the best booth swag by following him and-*#InfoCommSwagHunt. (Ongoing throughout the show.)
- EdTech podcast LIVE @-*InfoComm with Tim Albright (AVNation booth 6667-*10 am – 11 am)
- Kelly Perkin’s educates-*you about Content Marketing (Course IS58-*2 pm – 4 pm)
- Kelly, one of the most highly regarded and decorated marketing professionals in the AV industry, will be talking to attendees-*about-*the importance of content marketing for your AV integration firms. She will walk you through understanding your tools, your audience, and your options on how to best reach them. Better register-*now as seats are filling fast.
- The AVNation AVTweetup! 4 pm-6 pm-*in the AVNation room W223A (RSVP here!)
- In conjunction with WAVE-*(Women in AV) and their sponsors*
- Your 2nd-*InfoComm daily @AVHashtags – be sure to follow on twitter and join in the fun!
- Live Life podcast LIVE @-*InfoComm with George Tucker and Christian Samuelson of Xrosspoint (AVNation booth 6667-*10 am – 11 pm)
- #AVSelfie Video debuts!-*12 pm-*Location: To Be Announced
- The second annual #AVSelfie music video, produced by Phil “HiPhi” Cordell, shows of all your participation in the #AVSelfie from this year’s show.
- AVWeek podcast LIVE at InfoComm with Tim Albright (AVNation booth 6667-*2 pm – 4 pm)
- Come and celebrate with the AVNation team and all of our guest panelists as we discuss this year’s InfoComm show, what we learned, what we saw, where the industry is heading, and what @AVGrump is taking home as part of the #InfoCommSwagHunt as the first hour of our annual InfoComm AVWeek podcast brings the 200th episode!!!
- Your 3rd-*InfoComm daily @AVHashtags – be sure to follow on twitter and join in the fun!
- The Long Goodbye
- With another show in the books it’s time to carry the improved knowledge, teasers of new gear and smiles from new connections and friends home until next year in Las Vegas, NV.
As a reminder for all you social media folks out there, the official InfoComm 2015 hashtag is #InfoComm15.
Don’t forget to visit and keep track of all our AVNation underwriters as well!
Draper – booth 3413-*#DraperPro
HDBaseT Alliance – booth 1769
Kramer – booth 3443
Middle Atlantic – booth 2517
Vaddio – booth 3421-*#GameOn
Last, but certainly not least, if you want to keep track of what’s trending on social media at the show, be sure to keep an eye on our friends DailyDOOH at aka.tv
*WAVE sponsors are Christie Digital Systems & Media Vision