Another Integrated Systems Europe has come and gone. Over 73,000 AV professionals filtered through the RAI in Amsterdam and 100 plus new products were released It was a hectic four days for exhibitors, attendees, the show organizers, and the press covering it. From my point of view, here are some of the biggest stories coming out of this year’s show.
Video Over IP
This is not a new segment but the amount of people getting involved is new. First up you have a new alliance, SDVoE, that had their first showing at ISE. It’s a group dedicated to putting 4K plus over 10 gig networks. The members include Sony, Christie Digital, AptoVision, Netgear, Aurora Multimedia, and DVI Gear. They are making the bet that 10 gig networks will be the norm in just a few years. Once it is, putting slightly compressed 4K signals on a proper network will be common place. Let’s put them in the 10 gig camp.
Then you have the 1 gig camp. These are companies who are putting their video over IP technology and putting in compression that gets it under the 1 gig mark. Some of these are saying “no latency” some are saying “visually lossless”. If we get our hands on them we’ll let you know. If you do first, let us know.
Retail and Digital Signage
Not a new segment either but it’s who’s getting in and evolving their footprint. Harman demonstrated some analytic tools that help retailers refine their displays and their stores. It’s based on heat mapping technology. Not a company you normally associate with DS. Intel has come along with modules to enhance smart displays. DisplayNote is integrating with NEC multi-touch displays and NEC is using a pretty cool new web came called Huddly.
ISE has turned into the kickoff point for us at least here at AVNation. CES is crazy and important for the consumer side but for both commercial and residential ISE is where our year starts. It’s a great show that continues to demonstrate the ability to wow in both scale and the quality of exhibitors.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Have a great week.
- Challenging the adversity to diversity within AV
- BenQ Joins Microsoft’s Azure Certified Device Program to Help Businesses Achieve IoT Goals
- DVIGear Introduces HyperLight® Mini DisplayPort 1.4 Cables for improved connectivity
- Extron and Yealink Deliver Scalable Control and Collaboration for Modern Workspaces
- OneVision Resources introduces new business services for custom integrators
- Poly introduces the Voyager Focus 2, the latest addition in Poly’s best-selling line of stereo Bluetooth headsets
- Extron NAV Series Delivers AVoIP Throughout Allied Health Veterans Hall at the University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Nureva and Almo Professional AV Announce Distribution Agreement
- Swedish Burger Chain Brodernas Fills Sonic Branding Appetite with Barix and Loud Of Sweden