New Presentation Display Specially Designed to Work with SMART Board M680 and 880 Interactive Whiteboards to Deliver Best-in-Class Learning Technology to K-12 Classrooms
LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 16, 2017 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, today announced its continued collaboration with SMART Technologies Inc. to bring Epson’s amazing image quality to classrooms using the SMART Board® M680 and880 interactive whiteboards with the launch of the Epson PowerLite® 680 Ultra Short-Throw Presentation Display for SMART. This presentation display offers seamless integration with SMART Extended Control Panel (ECP)1.
Epson 3LCD projectors offer up to 3x higher color brightness than competitive models2. Leveraging Epson’s proprietary 3LCD technology, the PowerLite 680 for SMART presentation display delivers bright, crisp images. It also minimizes glare and shadow interference, and includes versatile connectivity to meet a variety of classroom needs.
“Epson and SMART continue their longstanding partnership to bring the very best collaborative learning solutions to the classroom,” said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Epson’s PowerLite 680 for SMART was designed specifically for use with SMART Board® M680 and 880 interactive whiteboards to deliver educators and students with immersive collaborative experiences utilizing the display’s superior brightness.”
The new PowerLite 680 for SMART offers 3,500 lumens of color and white brightness3 for incredible images even in well-lit classrooms. Offering native XGA resolution and a 77-inch display size, the PowerLite 680 for SMART provides better readability in the classroom with large, vivid, easy-to-see images.
“Powered by SMART Notebook software, SMART Board® interactive whiteboards support enriched learning experiences by enabling true multi-student collaboration and small-group learning,” said Tom Ferrari, director, Channel, SMART Technologies. “The new Epson PowerLite 680 for SMART provides our customers with the option to maintain an integrated SMART interactive whiteboard system with enhanced display performance.”
Ideal for BYOD classrooms, the PowerLite 680 for SMART offers wireless functionality to help students learn and collaborate, regardless of where they sit. The PowerLite 680 for SMART enables instructors to share content between the big screen and wirelessly connected mobile devices for individualized learning. Students can wirelessly participate in discussions by displaying content from Chromebooks, PCs and Mac® computers, as well as iOS and Android devices, with the Epson iProjection wireless display solution4. Up to 50 users can connect to the presentation display simultaneously when used in conjunction with Epson Multi-PC projection, plus the Moderator device management software5. Displaying content from as many as four students simultaneously, the Moderator software is the perfect tool for showing a variety of content, or for comparing students’ work side-by-side. Teachers can also connect to an access point to share their display with the entire class, without adding more cables.
With up to 10,000 hours of lamp life in ECO Mode6, the PowerLite 680 for SMART is an all-in-one worry-free classroom display. The Epson PowerLite 680 for SMART also offers additional networking capabilities that allow schools to manage up to 1,024 Epson networked displays using the EasyMP® Monitor software or Crestron RoomView®. Additionally, using the Message Broadcasting plug-in for EasyMP Monitor, schools can send updates or announcements remotely to up to 1,024 Epson networked displays.
More about Epson’s new PowerLite 680 for SMART
The PowerLite 680 for SMART provides advanced quality, flexibility and performance for classroom collaboration, with features including:
- Compatible – Specially designed to work with SMART Board M680 and 880 interactive whiteboards
- Seamless integration – Connect and control displays via the SMART Extended Control Panel (ECP)1
- Ultra Short-Throw Presentation Displays – Provides virtually no shadow interference
- Up to 3x Higher Color Brightness2, and Reliable Performance – 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Versatile Connectivity – 3x HDMI® supports multiple high-definition A/V devices, with MHL® support, ensuring flexible placement and fast, easy setup7
- Enhance Classroom Collaboration – Wireless display solution allows teachers to control personal device display and encourages students to participate4
- Display High Quality Images – High brightness along with 3LCD technology creates bright, colorful images that can be seen even in well-lit rooms
- Long-Life, Low-Cost Lamps – Lasts up to 10,000 hours in ECO Mode6, including $49 replacement lamps
- Remote Management – Easy network connectivity with software included
- Powerful Sound – Built-in 16W speaker and microphone input, or use external speakers, even in Standby Mode, for powerful sound to engage every student
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for a total of three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.