CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Oct. 3, 2017) – On Nov. 2, CSM Production will celebrate 30 years in business. The Harrisburg, North Carolina-based organization is recognized as one of the nation’s premier event and corporate meeting production companies.
CSM Production was founded in 1987 by Jay Howard, a Concord native and Appalachian State University graduate whose career started at Charlotte Motor Speedway managing opening ceremonies and live entertainment.
At 21 years of age, the young entrepreneur struck out on his own creating what is now known as CSM Production.
“It has been an incredible journey so far, and it’s all a testament to our amazing team and the clients that allow us to fulfill their vision,” said Howard, president of CSM Production. “Our approach to business has been to focus on our people first who will then deliver a quality product. It’s an ongoing cycle that all starts with great people.”
Growing steadily since its inception, CSM Production has had significant benchmarks that propelled the small business to the team it is today:
- 1988: Acquired live entertainment services from Charlotte Motor Speedway which showcased the company’s services to other race tracks that it works for today.
- 1996: Accepted the role as executive director of the 600 Festival which includes promoting and producing Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola, a consumer festival located in Charlotte.
- 1999: CSM Production’s first Daytona 500 opening ceremonies.
- 2004 and 2007: Expanded its experiential activation services by forming partnerships with SPEED (now FOX Sports 1) and Sprint.
- 2014: CSM Production acquired Total Event Production.
- 2015: Expanded to Nashville.
- 2016: CSM, a global leader in sport and entertainment, acquired CSM Production.
CSM Production has built a strong portfolio of clients that have included Fortune 500 companies such as Wells Fargo, Lowe’s, Coca-Cola, Bank of America, Ford and Chevrolet, and major sports entities such as NASCAR, IndyCar and NBA and NFL teams.
With 85 employees, the organization produces approximately 300 events a year. Over the course of three decades, CSM Production has produced events in 41 states plus the District of Columbia and Canada.
In addition, the organization’s “people first” approach has served others well through the annual Golfing 4 Good tournament. Golfing 4 Good has raised more than $200,000 in financial support to benefit several worthy causes and members of the CSM Production family.
To celebrate its 30-year history, a “30 to 30” Instagram campaign kicks off Tuesday and will highlight milestones, memories and its culture each day until Nov. 2. To follow along, visit www.instagram.com/CSMProduction.
About CSM Production
Founded in 1987, CSM Production is an award-winning event production company specializing in live shows, experiential operations, special events and corporate production. For more information, visit www.gocsmproduction.com.
About CSM Sport & Entertainment
CSM, part of Chime Communications, brings together leading industry experts to offer the full range of services across sport and entertainment marketing. Working with brands, rights owners and live experiences, CSM exists to create impact through challenging convention. This happens because of the organization’s shared belief that great minds don’t always think alike. CSM, across 26 offices in 19 countries, is made up of 1,000 entrepreneurial people who are empowered to put their hand up and challenge convention in everything they do.