Audinate announced the full availability of the Dante Application Library software development kit. The SDK provides software development for PC and Mac users, providing an easy-to-use conduit to a vast base of audio devices.
“The success of any audio software application hinges upon customers being able to easily connect to audio devices in the system they are using. More and more audio devices connect via Dante’s AV-over-IP. Dante Application Library brings Dante network functionality directly into applications, giving users access to an ecosystem of more than 3,000 Dante-enabled audio products from more than 500 manufacturers,” said Nick Mariette, Senior Product Manager at Audinate.
Dante Application Library provides a useful solution for developers seeking to reach customers in this growing ecosystem. Developers can integrate Dante device discovery and subscriptions into their software products for conferencing, recording, or other applications for a smooth setup experience.
“Each application runs its own instance of Dante, allowing multiple applications to send and receive networked audio independently from one another,” said Mariette. “The possibilities for real-time audio processing and capture are endless thanks to Dante Application Library.”
Dante Application Library features include:
- Easy integration of Dante into native Windows and macOS applications.
- 100 percent compatibility with all Dante hardware and software implementations.
- Up to 64×64 channels of bidirectional audio.
- 48 kHz sample rate.
- Minimum network latency of 4 ms.
- Support for multiple instances of Dante Application Library on the same computer.
- DAL connection API and Dante API control interfaces.
- Compatibility with Dante Controller.
- Compatibility with Dante Domain Manager.
For more information, visit the Audiante website.