Peerless-AV announced the availability of the new generation 55” Xtreme High Bright Outdoor Display for all-weather and extreme temperatures. Along with retaining its IP rating and award-winning feature set, the new XHB553 is now lighter in weight with numerous mechanical and operating system enhancements.
“Peerless-AV prides itself on providing the best possible solutions for our consumers, constantly thinking of ways to update or improve products to better suit the consumer’s needs,” said Nick Belcore, Executive Vice President, Peerless-AV. ” With an increased demand for outdoor displays built to last through extreme weather, sun exposure, cold, and more, we designed the XHB553 to excel and perform to the highest of standards in all weather conditions.”
The XHB553 outdoor display is fan-cooled to reduce any heat build-up caused by thermal load from extended exposure to direct sunlight. The display’s operating temperature remains the widest in the industry, ranging from -31°F to 140°F (-35°C to 60°C) and the patented thermal exhaust system keeps internal components cooled in extreme heat.
The new outdoor display is now 25% lighter than the previous generation 55”. The new display also includes a gyroscopic sensor that detects any movement of the display. Its IP66 rating protects the display from water, dust, moisture, and other outdoor conditions.
Additional new features include upgrades to the display’s network access and control functionality, as well as key operating system extras:
- Auto-Source Switching: Allows the user to set the display to search for a secondary content signal if the main source fails, ensuring zero display downtime
- Power Scheduling: Allows the user to set a specific frequency time and date for the display to turn on and off automatically
- Brightness Scheduling: Eco and custom settings allow the user to use predetermined modes that set the backlight level intensity according to time of day, an important feature at night where regulations dictate brightness of digital signage, especially near roadsides
- Power Save Mode: Allows the user to set the time for the display to power down or go to sleep mode if no content signal is present; The LAN port can also be set to passive or active mode to reduce power consumption when the display is not active
- Pixel Shifting: Useful if using static content to avoid image retention; Horizontal or vertical shifting of an image can be set to a specific frequency
For more information about the 55″ Xtreme™ High Bright Outdoor Display (XHB553), please visit www.peerless-av.com/products/xtreme-high-bright-outdoor-displays.