Samsung announced its intent to purchase Harman International, owner of well known Audio Visual/ Control brands such as Martin, Soundcraft, AMX, BSS and more. What does this mean for the Pro Integration industry? Is it a boon or will all restaurants become Taco Bell?
Our esteemed panel breaks down all the scenarios in a boisterous but pointed discussion.
Links to sources:
- Endgadget – Samsung buying auto and audio giant Harman for $8 billion
- The New York Times – Samsung to Buy Harman International in an $8 Billion Bet on Cars
- Bloomberg News – Samsung to Buy Harman for $8 Billion in Bold Autos Gambit
- In the interest of full disclosure, AVNation’s Web Architect and Board of Director Member Bradford Benn is an employee of Harman. He is recusing himself from any involvement with discussion about the acquisition. His statement can be found here.
- Apologies for the bad audio at start – the Host’s connection was a bit wonky (it gets much better 1 min in)